Join us for an unforgettable experience in Jamaica this October….
The Bigger than a Writing Retreat
Oct 8th – Oct 15th 2022
In the busyness of our day-to-day lives it’s all too easy to lose sight of ourselves and to feel as if we’re no more than extras in someone else’s movie. So take some time out to reconnect to who you truly are, drop into your body, open your heart, rest in spirit, and re-emerge as the author of your own destiny.
On the Bigger than a writing retreat we’ll return home to ourselves and discover a unique blend of tools that will enable us to live and create from the heart.
You do not need to be a writer to come on this retreat but one thing is certain…
Coming on the Bigger than a writing retreat will inspire you to create your most exciting and fulfilling life story.
The week is all about reconnecting to your authentic self and creativity in a spiritually nourishing environment.
This retreat is for you if…
• You want to explore your creativity with the fierce zest and imagination of a child.
• You’re interested in using writing as an empowering tool for reimagining your life.
• You’re ready to say yes to life and break out of autopiloted, reactive living.
• You want to bring more heart and soul into your writing or other creative endeavours.
• You want to live an authentic, creative life which aligns with all that is meaningful to you.
• You’re transitioning into a new phase of your professional or personal life.
• You’re committed to your own personal transformation.
• You want to enjoy rejuvenating sunshine, delicious, healthy food, laughter and connection!
• You’ve always wanted to visit Jamaica but had reservations.
The Bigger Than a Writing Retreat, will take place at the luxury Good Hope Villas nestled amongst two thousand acres of tall luscious trees amidst breath-taking surroundings that the estate offers, high up in the hills away from the noise and distraction below.
Amongst the tranquil hills and lush plantation of the estate, nestled at the end of a tree-lined, private gated drive stands this exquisite cut stone country villa brimming with a sense of understated elegance and charm. The property’s façade is framed by towering trees and manicured lawns and oozes character and timeless beauty. Age-old stone steps lead you through the curved entranceway and into the elegant, light-filled interior.
Guests are diligently catered to, from the moment they land in Montego Bay, Jamaica and are transported to Good Hope Villas, all rooms have En-suite bathrooms and full use of the stunning infinity pool, private beach, river and horse riding on location (extra charges for riding lessons apply.)
One week dedicated to you. A powerful foundation from which to return to your life rejuvenated, connected and empowered to live and create authentically.
What’s Included during your stay?
Daily yoga, visualisation and meditation sessions combined with a unique blend of coaching and writing workshops will help us reconnect with our true selves and tap into our creativity.
Then at night we’ll enjoy story-telling around an open fire and live entertainment from local musicians.
We’ll excursion to a local private beach and visit the stunning Martha Brae river and then there is the free time by the pool to process all the wonder that arises from your unique and entirely personal week-long writing journey in the tropics.
Journaling Your Way to Freedom, Joy and Wonder
A fun and immersive exploration of journaling and how it can help you find your way back to you.
The Art of Storytelling for Business and Pleasure
A practical and interactive workshop exploring the craft of storytelling, providing you with expert tools that can be used in fiction, social media, public speaking, marketing and branding.
Stepping into the Lead Role of Your Life Story
How to stop feeling like an extra in someone else’s story, overcome fearful and limiting beliefs, and create a life beyond your wildest dreams
Your Big, Bodacious Book Plan
A bold and imaginative workshop designed to help you tap into the book you’re meant to write, plus practical tips on how to get it published
Become Who You are – How to live your purpose
Stripped back is where we meet ourselves. Reconnect to your deepest desires and values
through the power of your pen
How to get your book published
If you want to write with a view to getting published, Jessica and Siobhan will explain the pros and cons on self publishing versus traditional publishing. Learn how best to engage the interest of an agent and when to contact commissioning editors.
Jessica Huie MBE is founder of The Purpose Academy and author of best-seller PURPOSE, find your truth and embrace your calling, published by Hay House. Jessica enjoyed a glittering career as a journalist and publicist, and has worked with some of the world’s biggest stars and business people, including Kelly Rowland, Samuel L. Jackson, Hilary Devey and the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
Twelve years ago Jessica launched Color Blind Cards, a multi-award winning multicultural greeting card company which drove an early conversation around the importance of ethnic representation in retail and became the first independent brand to secure a high-street presence in Britain for cards featuring people of colour.
Siobhan Curham is a multi award-winning, best-selling author of over 40 books for adults, young adults and children – fiction and non-fiction. She also cares passionately about helping other writers achieve their dreams and has delivered her fun, inspiring and motivational workshops and talks on writing to hundreds of thousands of people all over the world.
As an editorial consultant Siobhan has worked with some of the biggest publishing houses in the business, including Penguin Random House, Hachette and Walker Books, and she has helped guide many people through the process of writing their books, from business owners to novelists and celebrities such as Craig Revel Horwood, Kimberly Wyatt and Zoe Sugg. Back in 2007 Siobhan trained as a life coach, and she specialises in helping people rediscover their true selves and true passions using a unique blend of coaching tools and writing techniques.
Cassanie McKenzie will be your yoga instructor for the week.
Cassanie develops holistic programs including yoga, breathing, meditation, astrology and tarot as well as juicing and detox plans.
These programs are geared towards awakening the inner healer on a Mental, Physical and Spiritual level. She describes her life’s work as simply leaving the planet a little better than when she came into it.
Cassie experiences and teaches physical yoga asanas which all have grounding (the base or body part that roots to the earth), a power center (energy source to focus your breath – heart & core centers) & and a transformation space (lengthening and going deeper in a way pose). This is applied in Intuitive Vinyasa style power flows and Slow Flow Yin sessions.
The Purpose Retreat investment starts at £2,300 for seven nights and includes accommodation, Breakfast and dinner each day and all workshops, yoga/meditation, One-to-One sessions with Jessica and one complimentary massage per person.
Flights are not included but travel to Montego Bay airport is recommended. Transport from the airport to your villa and return, is included for attendees arriving in Jamaica.
Guests arriving or leaving on dates falling outside of the retreat will be responsible for their own transportation costs – though we can advise re bookings.
*Excursions and treatments will attract an extra cost
- Single occupancy ocean view rooms : £3,150 pp
- Double occupancy ocean view rooms : £2,300 pp
* Flights not included but can be secured with a deposit via Sackville travel 0207 274 2242
Book your spot here...
Single Occupancy Room
Pay in Full £3150
3 Monthly Payments of £1100
(please note all payment plans must be completed in full. by 1st September 2022)
Double Occupancy (Shared) Room
Pay in Full £2300 (cost per person)
3 Monthly Payments of £820 (cost per person)
(please note all payment plans must be completed in full by 1st September 2022)
Retreat Terms & Conditions
. It is the attendees responsibility to check their reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The admin fee and all payments made by the customer are fully refundable to the customer, in the event of the retreat being cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR for any reason. Alternatively, payments will be transferred on to an alternative retreat at the customer’s agreement.
3. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus a £500 non refundable admin fee, apply. The admin fee is non-refundable unless the retreat is cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR as stated in point 2:
- Cancellation 8 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund.
- Cancellation 9 to 14 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
- Cancellation 15 to 20 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
4. Due to situations beyond our control, Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements may be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
5. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not held liable for flight costs or transfer costs if flights outside of those suggested to customers arriving and departing Jamaica as recommended booked.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that she/he has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time.
7. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights or other forms of transport.
8. Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or activity.
9. Attendees who have injuries or illness are advised to seek a doctor’s advice if practising yoga. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not liable for any injuries to the attendee in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities.
10. Jessica Huie/JHPR cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
11. Jessica Huie/JHPR will not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God,’ closure of airports, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and sub-contractors.
12. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness which may occur during the attendees stay or travelling to and from retreats.
13. We recommend that all attendees have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters regarding them.