The Purpose Retreat
Find Your Truth and Embrace Your Calling
with Jessica Huie & Empress Thandi
Sept 28th – Oct 5th 2021
The Purpose Retreat in Jamaica
Tuesday September 28th – Tuesday 5th October 2021
Join me for an unforgettable experience – The PURPOSE Retreat in Jamaica.
We’ll spend seven days on the tropical island in villas at San San Bay Portland, on twelve acres of lawns and gardens, overlooking sparkling Jamaican white sand beaches and turquoise Caribbean water.
Stripped back is where we meet ourselves. So come lay down your mind. Drop into your body, open your heart and rest in spirit to emerge fully activated to live your purpose.
“Jamaica offers azure waters and a breathtaking south coast.”
– The Guardian
Embrace barefoot chic living in the Jamaica of yester-year whilst reconnecting to nature in all its glory in the parish of Portland which Errol Flyn famously once said is “more beautiful than any woman I have ever met.”
Portland is in the parish of Port Antonio. Chosen as the home for our retreat because it quite simply demanded to be. An enclave of peace, freedom and natural beauty its Frenchman Cove beach boasts the titles of ‘one of the world’s most beautiful’ whilst the blue lagoon with its azure water surrounded by lush greenery just minutes from our residence, is believed to be the crater of an extinct volcano.
Mythically rumoured to be bottomless, it’s kept cool by hundreds of tiny, life inducing underground mineral springs. The experience of swimming in it made magic by the pockets of hot saltwater from the Caribbean sea which mingle with fresh water from the cold springs.
In a week of waterfall climbing, lagoon swimming and a healthy dose of beach lounging to compliment sound healing, yoga, meditation and workshops, we’ll get in touch with our true purpose. Reconnect with who we are beyond the roles we play in our lives, and unearth the meaningful projects and ways of being that we are ready to breathe life into, create and amplify.
Refuel, Restore, Rebirth
We’ll return home into ourselves. Discover tools that enable us to live intentionally and create lives that are the truest expression of who we truly are.
The week is all about switching off to switch on. Unlocking our inner guidance system and creativity in a spiritually nourishing environment which lends itself beautifully to our becoming.
This retreat is for you if…
- You want to explore your purpose
- You are ready to say yes to life and break out of autopiloted, reactive living
- You want to live an authentic life which aligns with all that is meaningful to you
- You are ready to make the leap and make this next year without limitations
- You are transitioning into a new phase of your professional or personal life
- You are committed to your own personal transformation
- You want to enjoy rejuvenating winter sun, delicious, healthy food, laughter and connection!
- You’ve always wanted to visit Jamaica but had reservations
“Welcome to a unique part of Jamaica that gets all the facets of the quintessential Caribbean experience exactly right. Winding country lanes, a dearth of hustlers, a local population of poets and artists, deserted beaches, no gimmicky resorts, and – above all – a proud, foresighted local community that promotes sustainability and harbors a bonhomous but mellow culture.”
– Lonely Planet
Reconnect with your Purpose
Jessica Huie MBE is an entrepreneur and the Author of Best-seller PURPOSE, Find your truth and embrace your calling published by Hay House. Jessica enjoyed a glittering career as a journalist and publicist, and has worked with some of the world’s biggest stars and business people, including Kelly Rowland, Samuel L. Jackson, Hilary Devey & Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
Twelve years ago Jessica launched Color Blind Cards, a multi-award winning multicultural greeting card company which drove an early conversation around the importance of ethnic representation in retail and became the first independent brand to secure a high-street presence in Britain for cards featuring people of colour.
Empress Thandi Wise is the founder of Rasta Wellness Centre, where she teaches holistic lifestyle and yoga, playing a major role in Jamaica’s growing wellness tourism as an ambassador for Jamaica. A certified yoga teacher, massage therapist, Womb Wellness Practitioner, Holistic Medicine Woman, and certified Raw Food Chef whose mantra is “food as Medicine.” In a word, Empress Thandi is a healer.
Her passion for holistic wellness started at a very young age when she helped her grandmother in Jamaica’s St Thomas to make chocolate balls to sell and herbal teas for persons in the community of White Horses, St Thomas. After moving to the USA she went on to further her studies, Studied at Temple University, Yoga Life Institute, Queen Afua Wellness Institute and St John’s Academy of Natural Sciences. A mother of six, her mission is to help all beings activate their natural innate wisdom to heal thyself, using Ancestral Wisdom.
Our home for the week are villas set amongst lush gardens overlooking the ocean. Ample space to retreat for time alone, yet minutes from the famous Geejam where Drake, Rihanna, John Legend and Alicia Keys retreat to record. We’ll commune at Geejam on our final evening to celebrate your decision to commit to a week in which you’ve transformed and holistically nourished every facet of your life.
Fireflies intermix with a star filled sky in Jamaica’s Edenic best kept secret, Portland where icons in the know – (Marilyn Monroe & Arthur Miller honeymooned there, Grace Kelly, Richard Burton and the Rat Pack regularly ) frequented its shores.
Portland offers simple pleasures: the slow, winding ride through the Blue Mountains, the glorious beaches and jungle-fringed coastline.
Balmy trade winds, the palms leaning over the half-moon beach of white sand… Spend time there and you soon start to forget to desire anything which isn’t vibrating on the frequency of your highest self. The noise falls away and clarity will emerge.
The idyllic beaches and tropical climes go without saying, but probe beyond the limited narrative which surround Jamaica and you’ll learn of a land of spiritual upliftment, courage, strength and unification. Nelson Mandela once described Jamaica as “A land full of prophets and prophetesses,” not surprising given its place in history as the origin for some of the world’s greatest changemakers, Queen Nanny, Marcus Garvey and Bob Marley to name but a few.
Treasure Beach is Jamaica’s home of sustainable community tourism, and one of the island’s first recycling communities. It’s a land ripe with indigenous ingredients, with 75% of all medicinal plants found in Jamaica and 40% only found in Jamaica.
The island’s famed Blue Mountain coffee is amongst the best in the world. Grown in the cool of the mountains and harvested at the perfect time its reputation precedes it.
The island is quite simply, unlike any other in the Caribbean and as words fail to do ‘Jamrock’ justice, it’s a place that must be visited to be experienced.
I look forward to being your host on this very special trip.
The Purpose Retreat
Soul food for Mind, Body and Spirit
One week dedicated to you. A powerful foundation from which to step out of doing and return to your life rejuvenated, connected and empowered to bring your best self and an existence of your intention into creation.
We’ll eat healthy, farm and/or sea to table cuisine in a simplistic yet beautiful and naturally unpretentious, setting amongst like minds.
Daily Yoga, visualisation, meditation, massage and a variety of healing modalities, combine with practical visioning and coaching workshops to enable attendees to connect with what they want at a soul level, and access tools to bring their plans and purpose to fruition.
‘Excursions will include the famous rafting on the Rio Grande, a morning of service in the community, The Blue Lagoon, Frenchman’s Cove beach and then there is the free time by the pool to process all the wonder that arises from your unique and entirely personal week-long purpose journey in the tropics.
In their own words
The Purpose Retreat investment starts at £2,200 for seven nights and includes accommodation, Breakfast and dinner each day and all workshops, yoga/meditation, One-to-One sessions with Jessica and one complimentary massage per person.
Flights are not included but travel to Montego Bay airport is recommended. Transport from the airport to your villa and return, is included for attendees arriving in Jamaica on 28th September and leaving on 5th Oct.
Guests arriving or leaving on dates falling outside of 28th Sept and 5th Oct will be responsible for their own transportation costs – though we can advise re bookings.
*Excursions and treatments outside of one complimentary massage will attract an extra cost
– Single occupancy ocean view rooms : £2,950 pp
– Double occupancy ocean view rooms : £2,200 pp
* Flights not included but can be secured with a deposit via Sackville travel 0207 274 2242
Book your spot here…
Single Occupancy Room
2 Places Remaining
Pay in Full £2950
3 Monthly Payments of £1050
(please note all payment plans must be completed in full. by 14th September 2021)
Double Occupancy (Shared) Room
2 Places Remaining
Pay in Full £2200 (cost per person)
3 Monthly Payments of £865 – (cost per person)
(please note all payment plans must be completed in full. by 14th September 2021)
Retreat Terms & Conditions
. It is the attendees responsibility to check their reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The deposit and all payments made by the customer are fully refundable to the customer, in the event of the retreat being cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR for any reason. Alternatively, payments will be transferred on to an alternative retreat at the customer’s agreement.
3. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the £150 deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable unless the retreat is cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR as stated in point 2:
– Cancellation 8 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund.
– Cancellation 9 to 14 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
– Cancellation 15 to 20 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
4. Due to situations beyond our control, Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements may be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
5. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not held liable for flight costs or transfer costs if flights outside of those suggested to customers arriving and departing Jamaica on 27th September and 5th October 2021 are booked.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that she/he has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time.
7. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights or other forms of transport.
8. Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or activity.
9. Attendees who have injuries or illness are advised to seek a doctor’s advice if practising yoga. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not liable for any injuries to the attendee in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities.
10. Jessica Huie/JHPR cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
11. Jessica Huie/JHPR will not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God,’ closure of airports, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and sub-contractors.
12. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness which may occur during the attendees stay or travelling to and from retreats.
13. We recommend that all attendees have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters regarding them.