Start 2021 in Treasure Beach, Jamaica at The Purpose Retreat
Find Your Truth and Embrace Your Calling
with Jessica Huie & Empress Thandi
Jan 5th – 12th 2021
The Purpose Retreat in Jamaica
Tuesday 5th – Tuesday 12th January 2021
Join me for an unforgettable experience – The PURPOSE Retreat in Treasure Beach, Jamaica.
We’ll spend seven days on the tropical island in picturesque villas beside the ocean. Chosen not just for their scenic charm, daily sunrise/sunset yoga sessions with Empress overlooking the Caribbean sea, but because community tourism is central to the PURPOSE Retreat ethos. Embrace barefoot chic living whilst reconnecting to nature in all its glory and simultaneously contributing directly to the local community.
“Treasure Beach offers azure waters and a breathtaking south coast.”
– The Guardian
Picture modern yet authentic Caribbean villas shrouded in bougainvillea, roadside stands serving steaming pumpkin soup, and fishermen docking their brightly coloured canoes on endless miles of coral and black sand.
Treasure Beach is in the parish of St Elizabeth – the ‘fruit basket of the island,’ where my father was born and raised. A dreamy place where nature is venerated and despite Jamaica being entrenched deep in my veins, I never tire of it.
So I return year on year, and can’t wait to introduce the island once known as ‘The land of wood and water’ by the indigenous Taino people, to the small group who will experience what is an incredibly spiritual, remarkable place.
We’ll get in touch with our true purpose. Reconnect with who we are beyond the roles we play in our lives, and unearth the meaningful projects and ways of being that we are ready to breath life into, create and amplify.
Refuel, Restore, Rebirth
Stripped back is where we truly meet ourselves, and we’ll discover tools which enable us to live intentionally and create lives which are the truest expression of who we truly are.
The week is all about switching off to switch on. Unlocking our inner guidance system and creativity in a spiritually uplifting environment which lends itself beautifully to our coming home to ourselves.
This retreat is for you if…
- You want to explore your purpose
- You are ready to say yes to life and break out of autopiloted, reactive living
- You want to live an authentic life which aligns with all that is meaningful to you
- You are ready to make the leap and make 2021 a year without limitation
- You are transitioning into a new phase of your professional or personal life
- You are committed to your own personal transformation
- You want to enjoy rejuvenating winter sun, delicious, healthy food, laughter and connection!
- You’ve always wanted to visit Jamaica but had reservations
“Welcome to a unique part of Jamaica that gets all the facets of the quintessential Caribbean experience exactly right. Winding country lanes, a dearth of hustlers, a local population of poets and artists, deserted beaches, no gimmicky resorts, and – above all – a proud, foresighted local community that promotes sustainability and harbors a bonhomous but mellow culture.”
– Lonely Planet
Reconnect with your Purpose
Jessica Huie MBE is an entrepreneur and the Author of Best-seller PURPOSE, Find your truth and embrace your calling published by Hay House. Jessica enjoyed a glittering career as a journalist and publicist, and has worked with some of the world’s biggest stars and business people, including Kelly Rowland, Samuel L. Jackson, Hilary Devey & Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
Twelve years ago Jessica launched Color Blind Cards, a multi-award winning multicultural greeting card company which drove an early conversation around the importance of ethnic representation in retail and became the first independent brand to secure a high-street presence in Britain for cards featuring people of colour.
Empress Thandi Wise is a certified yoga teacher, massage therapist, Womb Wellness Practitioner, Holistic Medicine Woman, Certified Raw Food Chef whose mantra is “food as Medicine.” In a word, Empress Thandi is a healer.
Her passion for holistic wellness started at a very young age when she helped her grandmother in Jamaica’s St Thomas to make chocolate balls to sell and herbal teas for persons in the community of White Horses, St Thomas. After moving to the USA she went on to further her studies, Studied at Temple University, Yoga Life Institute, Queen Afua Wellness Institute and St John’s Academy of Natural Sciences.
Empress Thandi is the founder of Rasta Wellness Centre in Treasure Beach, where she teaches holistic lifestyle and yoga, playing a major role in Jamaica’s growing wellness tourismas ambassador for Jamaica.
A mother of six, married to International recording artist Stephen “Ras-Katri” Wise. Her mission is to help all beings activate their natural innate wisdom to heal thyself, using Ancestral Wisdom.
Our home for the week are beautiful villas with private pools and ample space to retreat for time alone, overlooking the ocean in Treasure beach. Fans of this idyllic part of Jamaica include Solange Knowles and Venus & Serena Williams.
Treasure Beach is utterly unlike the tourist-filled white sandy beaches of the west coast (Negril) and the lush jungle of the north-east coast (Portland) – it’s a wild, soulful and an authentic little fishing village. Cut-off from the rest of the island by the Santa Cruz, it doesn’t see much rain and therefore the landscape is dotted with cacti, acacia and dark-sandy beaches. Close by Jakes which boasts a delicious restaurant if you opt out of in villa dining, is the home of the Calabash literary Festival, and has hosted international authors Zadie Smith, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Salman Rushdie, Akala and Eleanor Catton to read on its stage.
The idyllic beaches and tropical climes go without saying, but probe beyond the limited narrative which surround Jamaica and you’ll learn of a land of spiritual upliftment, courage, strength and unification. Nelson Mandela once described Jamaica as “A land full of prophets and prophetesses,” not surprising given its place in history as the origin for some of the world’s greatest changemakers, Queen Nanny, Marcus Garvey and Bob Marley to name but a few.
Treasure Beach is Jamaica’s home of sustainable community tourism, and one of the island’s first recycling communities. It’s a land ripe with indigenous ingredients, with 75% of all medicinal plants found in Jamaica and 40% only found in Jamaica.
The island’s famed Blue Mountain coffee is amongst the best in the world. Grown in the cool of the mountains and harvested at the perfect time its reputation precedes it.
The island is quite simply, unlike any other in the Caribbean and as words fail to do ‘Jamrock’ justice, it’s a place that must be visited to be experienced.
I look forward to being your host on this very special trip.
The Purpose Retreat
Soul food for Mind, Body and Spirit
One week dedicated to you. A powerful foundation from which to step out of doing and return to your life rejuvenated, connected and empowered to bring your best self and an existence of your intention into creation.
We’ll eat healthy, farm and/or sea to table cuisine in a simplistic yet beautiful and naturally unpretentious, setting amongst like minds.
Daily Yoga, visualisation, meditation, massage and a variety of healing modalities, combine with practical visioning and coaching workshops to enable attendees to connect with what they want at a soul level, and access tools to bring their plans and purpose to fruition.
Excursions will include the famous Pelican Bar accessible only by speed boat and voted one of the “world’s best places to see the sun set,” and spend a morning of service in the community. And then there is the free time on the beach or by the pool to process all of the wonder that arises from your unique experience.
In their own words
“ It was a pivotal moment in my life. Thank you. Old skins were shed. Vibrations were raised. Thanks for your amazing guidance.”
Anna Willie, Love Live Lead
“The Power Retreat was inspirational and empowering. Jessica speaks with such grace and intention and is completely focused on helping others voice the story that's rooted within.”
Rebecca Harrison, Rebecca Harrison Designs
“Something magical happened during the retreat, a combination of the tranquil space of Brookland's Barn, the time to focus, the awakening workshops. It enabled me to come away clearly knowing where I was going and how I was going to express myself going forwards so that I can run a business that is grounded in my values and that will have longevity and purpose beyond making sales."
Rebecca Harrison, Rebecca Harrison Designs
“It’s been a beautiful, magical four days here with fellow creative entrepreneurs. A time of real deep, genuine connection and nourishment for the body, mind and soul. I had so many personal and professional shifts in such a short space of time and will treasure the experience for a long time to come.”
Adanna Onuekwusi, Invicta Writers
“It was MAGIC! The nuggets that continue to surface after the process are exciting and I feel so blessed to have been part of such a transformational and fulfilling experience, forever a monumental part of my journey for sure.”
Grace Willis-Hodgins, DramEd UK
“I came to The POWER Retreat with a great idea and no real way of communicating it to others, having been thinking about it for 2 years. The POWER Retreat, the conversations with Jess and the other mentors have helped me to focus on how my idea is important to others as well as the story behind my idea, the story behind me.”
Alex Stevens, AVM
“ It’s been an incredibly rewarding experience. Jessica has been immensely helpful and inspiring helping us to see what’s special and unique about our own work and businesses, that maybe we couldn’t quite see ourselves. She’s shown us how we can take our work to the next level and be more visible and out there in the world. ”
“Thank you Jessica, what an amazing weekend it was. Inspiring workshops, fabulous people and such a gorgeous location. I’ve come back feeling supercharged, inspired and ready to embrace my true purpose!”
“Thanks to Jessica, Jane, Kamran, and a bunch of amazing women at The PURPOSE Retreat, I’ve managed to remember who Holly is. I’ve learned to accept and I’ve decided to change. And that is bloody marvellous. If anyone needs a shake up I can highly recommend!”
“Having read PURPOSE I wanted to continue the journey and put my learning into practise. I was inspired and humbled by the general awesomeness of everyone attending.”
“The weekend totally exceeded my expectations, the venue was idyllic and super accommodating and the size and scope of the programme well balanced.”
The Purpose Retreat investment starts at £2,200 for seven nights and includes accommodation, Breakfast and dinner each day and all workshops, yoga/meditation, One-to-One sessions with Jessica and one complimentary massage per person.
Flights are not included but travel to Montego Bay airport is recommended. Transport from the airport to your villa and return, is included for attendees arriving in Jamaica on 5th and January and departing 12th January.
Guests arriving or leaving on dates falling outside of 5th and 12th Jan will be responsible for their own transportation costs – though we can advise re bookings.
*Excursions and treatments outside of one complimentary massage will attract an extra cost
– Single occupancy ocean view rooms : £2,950 pp
– Double occupancy ocean view rooms : £2,200 pp
Payment plan below.
Full payment required by December 5th 2020
* Flights not included but can be secured with £30 deposit via Sackville travel 0207 274 2242
Book your spot here…
Single Occupancy Ocean View Room
Deposit: £150 (payable via PayPal)
Single room payment plan – £475 per month starting July (inc £50 admin fee) payable via bank transfer
Double Occupancy (Shared) Ocean View Room
Deposit: £150 (payable via PayPal)
Shared room payment plan £350 per month starting July (inc £50 admin fee) payable via bank transfer
Retreat Terms & Conditions
1. It is the attendees responsibility to check their reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The deposit and all payments made by the customer are fully refundable to the customer, in the event of the retreat being cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR for any reason. Alternatively, payments will be transferred on to an alternative retreat at the customer’s agreement.
3. In the event of cancellation by the customer, regardless of the circumstances, the following refund fees, minus the £150 deposit, apply. The deposit is non-refundable unless the retreat is cancelled by Jessica Huie/JHPR as stated in point 2:
– Cancellation 8 weeks or less before due arrival date, 0% refund.
– Cancellation 9 to 14 weeks before due arrival date, 25% refund
– Cancellation 15 to 20 weeks before due arrival date, 50% refund
4. Due to situations beyond our control, Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to change bookings and shall inform the customer as soon as possible. Alternative arrangements may be offered but we do not accept responsibility for any costs incurred, including airfare.
5. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not held liable for flight costs or transfer costs if flights outside of those suggested to customers arriving and departing Jamaica on 5th and 12th January 2021 are booked.
6. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that she/he has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport in time.
7. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no responsibility for delay or cancellation of any flights or other forms of transport.
8. Jessica Huie/JHPR reserves the right to alter any facility accommodation or activity.
9. Attendees who have injuries or illness are advised to seek a doctor’s advice if practising yoga. Jessica Huie/JHPR is not liable for any injuries to the attendee in his/her use of our facilities or participation in activities.
10. Jessica Huie/JHPR cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
11. Jessica Huie/JHPR will not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God,’ closure of airports, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and sub-contractors.
12. Jessica Huie/JHPR accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illness which may occur during the attendees stay or travelling to and from retreats.
13. We recommend that all attendees have adequate travel, cancellation and medical insurance for the duration of the trip.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters regarding them.